Some Handy Storage Tips
Always wedge appliance doors open.
Freeze, refrigerator, and dryer cartons are excellent for packing, bedding, towels and clothing. Always clean your store before storing.
Pack books flat to protect their spines.
Do not place boxes directly on the floor. Books are heavy in bunches , pack in smaller boxes for easy lifting. Line all book cartons with plastic. (Garbage bags make good liners)
Store mirrors, windows and screens on edge, not flat.
Crate them in a mirror pack if possible or package them individually with strong card-board. Mark them so they won’t accidentally be bumped.
Take time when packing dishes and glasses.
Place a layer of packing paper inside the bottom and top of cartons. Plate and glasses should be rapped individually. It’s best to stack plates on edge.
Wipe the surface of bicycles, tools and other metal items
with a slightly oily rag to prevent rusting.
Save holiday decoration cartons which contained delicate ornaments.
Pad the ornaments with packing paper or newspaper.
Protect furniture and mattresses
with specially designed plastic covers. Place a pallet , cardboard mat or plastic sheet on the floor and stand sofas and mattresses on end.
Store records on edge.
They are quite heavy, so be sure you don’t pack too many in one box.
A Box for Everything and Everything in a Box
- That’s the best protection for your goods. Use uniform sizes of boxes and stack them shoulder high to maximise your total storage space.
- Pack stereos, cameras and other high value items in unmarked boxes towards the rear of the storage space.
- Prepare your storage space by placing a plastic sheet or a pallet on the floor under your goods, and put in baits for cockroaches, mice and silverfish.
- Leave air space around the unit’s perimeter to aid in the ventilation.
- Leave frequently used items near the door and leave a walkways to the rear of the space.
- Cover all your stored possessions with a light plastic sheet. In humid areas, allow for ventilation.
Access Your Goods
7 Days a Week
|8:00am – 6:00pm
(Mon – Sat)
8am – 4pm